Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Purpose of this Blog

My Great Grandfather Valentine Daniel was born in Dorndiel, Hesse, Germany in 1834. He emigrated to America in 1853 and within a couple of years the rest of his siblings (Frank, Barbara, John, and Nicholas) joined him.

Recently I have discovered that many of Valentine's relatives ... both close and distant ... have also traveled to America from Dorndiel. The intent of this blog is to share with you what I have found out about these folks:

  • When they emigrated from Dorndiel
  • Where they settled in America
  • Whether they married and had families
  • Any stories I come across about them or their descendants

I also hope to share what I haven't found out about them. Such as:

  • Records I can't locate
  • Mysteries I can't resolve
  • Speculations that I can't quite prove

And finally, I hope this blog will:

  • Allow me to organize my thoughts
  • Keep me motivated to pursue my genealogical research
  • disseminate information to those researching common family lines.

No comments: